Custom homes offer buyers benefits they just won’t get from conventional houses. The eco-friendly, energy-efficient designs we build at Calgary’s Fine Line Homes are specially created to conserve energy and reduce utility costs, and tend to have higher average resale values than comparable conventional builds. Beyond this primary benefit, you will also enjoy higher comfort and livability in a custom home since you’re part of the design process from day one.
Many people mistakenly assume that “custom” automatically means “more expensive.” This is not the case. Custom homes are simply tailor-made to your unique specifications. You’re a good candidate for a customized home if:
- The lifestyle needs of various occupants demands non-traditional usages of space.
- Hobbies or interests of residents require unique home features, such as gourmet kitchens, workshops or specially placed offices.
- You’ve been looking at conventional homes, but none of them seem to offer exactly what you’re looking for.
- You want complete control over the design process.
Enjoy the Advantages of a Custom Home in Calgary & Area
Fine Line Homes works with Building ArchiTexture, who have provided several sample plans for interested buyers. Anything is possible, though…if you can dream it we can build it! We build in Calgary’s inner-city, the surrounding towns and area acreages.
When you build a custom home, you will enjoy complete control over:
- Layout. Every family has different needs, but the vast majority of homes on the market are not designed to accommodate unique requirements. When you build a custom home, you can select the room features and layout you want. Include a nanny suite or secondary suite to rent out if you like. Design a custom wing for your older kids to do their homework and watch television. Build yourself the ultimate home office. Create a gourmet kitchen. You’re limited only by your imagination!
- Building materials. Aesthetic as well as practical factors come into play here. First of all, we typically experience long, cold winters here in Calgary, so we can use building materials with added insulation to help prevent thermal transfer and keep your heating costs in check. Also, we go to every effort to select building materials with minimal environmental impact, and if you’re an environmentally conscious home buyer, we’re happy to incorporate any specific preferences you may have.
- Finishes. Beyond providing an alternative to conventional countertops, backsplashes, flooring and wall finishes, you can also specify an individual look for every room. If you’ve got particular ideas about the way you want certain rooms to look, incorporating them into a new build is often more cost-effective than renovating an existing home (from the standpoint of real estate resale value). You’ll also enjoy the benefit of professional design and installation, ensuring your vision becomes a perfect reality.
- Home technologies. Custom homes also offer you the ability to hand-pick home comfort technologies, from energy-efficient appliances to allergy suppressing heating and cooling systems. Some of the technologies that can save you money while adding add to your home’s value include solar power panels, tankless or on-demand water heaters, low-flow faucets and plumbing fixtures, geothermal heating and cooling, and metal roofing.
Fine Line Homes takes great pride in all of our projects, and because of the myriads of details involved in each home often custom homes do take longer, on average, to complete than conventional new builds. So if you’re planning to sell your current home, be sure to ask the builder for an estimated project completion date and budget your time accordingly.
Fine Line Homes: The Leader in Calgary Custom Homes
We at Fine Line Homes are Calgary’s premier builder of custom houses. In addition to making your needs and preferences the focus of the planning and design phases, we also use energy-efficient building practices and incorporate eco-friendly building materials and technologies to reduce environmental impact and generate sustained savings on your operational costs. If you would like to learn more about our luxurious yet affordable custom homes, or if you have any questions about our design and building processes, please don’t hesitate to contact us.